Many thanks for supporting the first 'Bike to Burundi' - helping to achieve 272 laps and 1303 miles. This is a great start to what we hope will become an annual event!
Sponsorship money is still coming in so we will let you know how must has been raised in a few days time.
Prize certificates go to...
- Wheely Stupid - for distance achieved (474 miles!)
- Creaky Chris - wins the duracell prize... setting the pace on Friday night
- Chris and Terry - for distance and sense of humour
- Lesley's Lovelies - for distance
- Lucy Chadwick wins the sweet jar with the closest guess to the 880 total - we will drop them in!
So many people have helped in arranging this event here are a few:
- Debs and the Severn Trent team for making the event possible
- Phil, Rodger, Gill, Mark, Harriet, Sylvia, Carla and the bar staff at Draycote for hosting the evening event
- Dave and crew for the 24 hour First Aid cover
- Dave and Darren for providing the food
- Paddy for sorting out registration and keeping us all in order
- Rhona for doing the night-shift and telling us when 'enough is enough'
- Cath for supporting the start
- Gisela for returning to encourage us during the wee hours
- Win and Lucy for the marshalling
- George and Iain for the lights and encouraging the Saints to donate the signed shirt and tickets... maybe they will join us next time.
- Ross for essential maintenance of those machines that needed extra TLC
- Anne and crew for the fudge cake that powered me around the last 2 laps
- Claudia for rustling up a massive number of lego bricks
- Will and Bilton Scouts for lending us the tents
- Christine and Vic for helping us with promotion
- Steve and Lucy for the encouragement both here and in Burundi
Please let us have any ideas for the next event.
Thanks again... and hope to see you next year!